Eclipse plug-ins for popular scripting languages: Ruby, Python, PHP, and even Perl !
To install any of them to your Eclipse IDE:
- Click on Help → Software Updates → Find/Install from file menu in Eclipse.
- Select the radio button labeled, “search for new features to install”.
- Click on the “New Remote Site” button.
- Enter a name, and the url (any/all of these)
- Ruby: http://rubyeclipse.sf.net/updatesite
- Python: http://pydev.sf.net/updates
- PHP: http://download.pipestone.com/eclipse/updates
- Perl: http://e-p-i-c.sf.net/updates
- Click on “Finish”.
- A list of features will be presented, open the list and check the one labeled “RubyEclipse” / “PyDev for Eclipse”/ “phpeclipse” / “EPIC”.
- Click on “Next”.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to finish the automatic install.
One response to “Scripting with Eclipse”
PyDev is so cool!